I was very pleased with the service provided by Jeff. He was very professional, communicated with me very promptly when scheduling and prior to arriving for the appointment and arrived exactly as scheduled. He worked very efficiently and explained everything to me during the process. My laundry room was left spotless after he completed the job. Jax Vents offered the best price of several vendors that I contacted prior to hiring them. I would very strongly recommend Jax Vents for dryer vent cleaning and plan to have them return when the vent needs cleaning again.
Jax Vents philosophy is to provide quality service at affordable rates. By having our dryer vent service done on a yearly basis as dryer manufacturers suggest, we can save our customers more in time and energy than our service costs. This gives our customers real benefits and value, with the convenience and security of knowing their dryer is operating efficiently. We believe that delinting your dryer vent regularly will greatly reduce the potential for fires that exists, help reduce energy consumption, minimize dryer damage, and give our customers greater peace of mind.
Good, genuine company with lots of experience! I used Elite AC to replace an old unit for my grandmothers house. I don't know much about air conditioning so it was good to work with a trustworthy company who matched our needs from a financial standpoint and installed the unit promptly so my grandmother didn't have to deal with the heat. I worked with Joey who explained our options and helped us make a quick and informed decision. My grandmother loved him and asks how he is doing still. I'm happy he took the time to help us and we will continue to use them for any of our AC needs.
Business Description: Stanley Steemer has been providing cleaning and restoration services for both residential and business customers for more than 60 years. They offer multiple services, including carpet cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, hardwood floor cleaning, upholstery cleaning, air duct cleaning and water damage restoration services. For more information, visit www.stanleysteemer.com.
With your air system and air ducts in a constant cleaned state, you and those in your family can be in much healthier or at the very least minimize the symptoms experienced when the indoor air system was dirty and contaminated. In addition to improving health related symptoms, good indoor air quality in the home can lead to better breathing for deeper and undisturbed sleep. According to some doctors, improved undisturbed sleep can lead to a healthier life overall. While in some cases poor indoor air quality can be linked to asthma.
How often you should clean your air ducts depends on your situation. If you or someone in the home has asthma or is acutely allergic to certain airborne materials or pollen, regular duct cleaning may be helpful. The Environmental Protection Agency doesn’t have an official position on the necessity of air duct cleaning unless the ducts have been contaminated by rodents, insects or mold, or you are aware of particles blowing out through the vents. The EPA recommends you have your air ducts cleaned on an as-needed basis. The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) suggests having air ducts cleaned every three to five years.
Business Description: First Coast Home Pros is a family business offering a variety of specialized home cleaning and maintenance services. We have several teams of specialists who focus on using their expertise to provide specific services to our customers with the highest standard of professional care. Our employees all undergo vigorous training, drug screening, and background checks prior to hire. We never use subcontractors and we never charge a travel fee or fuel surcharge within our service area. We also offer The 100% Guarantee, which states that if for any reason you are not 100% satisfied, we'll make it right or give you your money back. Please ask about our Angie's List discount!
Use a company that will provide a fair quote, based on the service that they will provide. Be weary of companies that advertise one price for a whole house. Think about it, would a painter paint any size house for one low price? Neither can an air duct cleaner PROPERLY clean the WHOLE house, no matter how many systems or air vents are in the home for one low price.
Mold in the air ducts can be an easy DIY fix. First, turn OFF your HVAC system. Find an approved cleaning solution. Pour or spray the solution on the infected area. Put on protective gear and a mask - you do not want to make contact with the mold (or chemicals! or breathe it in. Scrub the area using disposable towels or brushes, and be sure to check the drip pan and evaporator coils. Vacuum the affected areas after cleaning. Bag all your rags and utensils and dispose of properly. Apply an inhibitor to the affected areas to prevent future growth. It is recommended to call a professional if you have more than 10 square feet of mold as this may be too big of a job, or there might be other/larger issues. Even if you don’t have more than 10 square feet of mold, you can still call a professional to clean it up.
Over time, your dryer vent fills with lint that sneaks by your dryer vent filter. Fires can occur when lint builds up in the clothes dryer or the duct. Lint can block the flow of air, cause excessive heat buildup, and result in a fire in some dryers. ISOLATED INCIDENT? Not at all. In 1997 The Consumer Product Safety Commission estimated that over 15,000 fires occur each year causing an estimated 194 Million Dollars of property loss and 130 deaths.
Anyone who has ever seen the amount of lint that can come out of a dryer venting system during a professional cleaning would not hesitate for even a second to schedule an annual dryer vent cleaning. Dryer lint build-up is one of the most common causes of house fires, but because the dryer vent is hidden from view, it is too easy to put out of mind. However, there can be an immense amount of lint jammed inside your dryer’s venting pipe. A highly-combustible material, lint can become a very real fire hazard. The chimney professionals at Hudson Chimney have also seen blockages in dryer exhaust vents from nests of small animals and insects and damages to the venting system or an improper connection. A compromised vent will not exhaust properly to the outside. Accumulated lint can lead to reduced airflow and this can cause overheating which could easily start a fire. Most people assume that their dryer’s lint trap does a good enough job when it comes to catching lint, and while it generally does, “good enough” has not been enough for some. U.S. fire departments report an estimated 2,900 clothes dryer fires in residential buildings each year, causing an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries and $35 million in property loss.
"Amazing detail and care put into the work of inspecting my soon to be home. I now know exactly hat to expect with no surprises and I have a running head start at repairing all the little things I need. I'm now 100% confident moving forward knowing that New Home Inspections completed this service for me. The experience working with these professionals was AMAZING! HIGHLY RECOMMEND! "