Anyone who has ever seen the amount of lint that can come out of a dryer venting system during a professional cleaning would not hesitate for even a second to schedule an annual dryer vent cleaning. Dryer lint build-up is one of the most common causes of house fires, but because the dryer vent is hidden from view, it is too easy to put out of mind. However, there can be an immense amount of lint jammed inside your dryer’s venting pipe. A highly-combustible material, lint can become a very real fire hazard. The chimney professionals at Hudson Chimney have also seen blockages in dryer exhaust vents from nests of small animals and insects and damages to the venting system or an improper connection. A compromised vent will not exhaust properly to the outside. Accumulated lint can lead to reduced airflow and this can cause overheating which could easily start a fire. Most people assume that their dryer’s lint trap does a good enough job when it comes to catching lint, and while it generally does, “good enough” has not been enough for some. U.S. fire departments report an estimated 2,900 clothes dryer fires in residential buildings each year, causing an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries and $35 million in property loss.
"So My A.C. suddenly went belly up and I needed a total brand new unit inside and out. So a little background on myself. I'm an engineer, so I know a little bit about A.C. and how they work. I'm by no means an expert, but it does allow me to detect if the A.C. guy knows his stuff, especially if they don't know what I do. 😉 And I'm happy to say, these guys do. One of the things that helped me chose them is that they brought up the importance of controlling humidity. None of the other contractors I spoke to, mentioned that. I also appreciate the fact that he didn't try to "up sell" me and get me to buy things I didn't need. He was on time, honest and forth coming about what I needed and what I didn't. When the workers came, they were on time, very professional and very CLEAN. After they left, I couldn't tell they had been there. Highly recommended this service."
×